This is a double whammy post: one part delicious baked good, one part charity/prizes/really that kid wasn’t in the balloon?/we’re really freakin’ excited for our launch party!
Alright Four Layer Cookie Bars were fabulous, it’s four cookies in one so they are what you might expect: rich, sweet, and yummy. I made them for our tailgate breakfast when I went home to Nashville this weekend for the UGA vs Vandy game. My lovely friend Katie was nice enough to have us all over to eat and hang out before we headed down to the game. Ah, living the normal school life for a weekend, two things that NYU lacks: football and day drinking.
Here’s the recipe, you should all make them because they are to die for good. Yes since they are four layers its quadroople the calories, but hey, the holidays are coming, might as well start now.
OKAY on to the more important stuff. We recently launched our new website (like a week ago) and we love any excuse for a party. That’s right, we’re having a launch party! But this isn’t your normal launch party. Because we love y’all who read Nosh & Tell but don’t live in the NYC area we wanted to find a way to involve you! Enter prizes galore (Le Creuset, gift cards to amazing places such as Dean & Deluca, make up kits and perfume, and MORE) with raffle ticket proceeds going to Share Our Strength, the children’s hunger organization.
Without further ado, our official invite:
A few months have passed by real fast,
It’s hard to believe noshandtell.blogspot.com is a thing of the past.
With a few new gadgets and our own URL,
It’s time to celebrate Nosh & Tell!
We couldn’t have done it without all of you,
So come join us for a drink or a few.
With good friends, foodies, and prizes galore,
This will be a Launch Party and a whole lot MORE!
To Share our Strength all the money will go,
So buy raffle tickets, then buy some mo’
So to all our supporters, come one, come all,
It’s official: noshandtell.com is live y’all!
Who? Nosh & Tell, Ariel & Whitney, and Share our Strength
What? Launch Party extravaganza with giveaways and KEG (until it runs out) courtesy of Nosh & Tell
When? October 29th, 10:30 pm
Where? Superdive Bar
How? To be eligible to win one of our awesome prizes (see below) then you need to purchase a raffle ticket for $1 either before or during the event. Most prizes will be drawn for the day AFTER the event, but a few special ones will be awarded ON the day of the party so if you want to be eligible to win those you need to buy your raffle ticket ahead of time!
- Raffle tickets are $1, you may purchase them using the Paypal link provided on the right hand side of noshandtell.com OR by contacting Ariel & Whitney directly.
- You must purchase your raffle ticket by 11 pm EST on October 29 to be entered in the contest
- You can buy as many raffle tickets as you want, your name will be entered once for each ticket that you purchase (ex. you buy 3 raffle tickets, your name is entered for each giveaway 3 times). Feel free to donate $50 dollars if you want, it is going to charity and then you can win something from it too!
- To be eligible for the prizes that will be drawn for BEFORE the event you must buy a raffle ticket ahead of time
- Names will be chosen at random using random.org for all giveaways, we will do this the day after the event (Oct. 30, except for the giveaways designated to be drawn before) and we will post the winners BY Nov. 1st on noshandtell.com so make sure you check back to see if you won! If you happen to win an item that only applies to the NYC area and you don’t live here then we will re-draw for that item. Otherwise we will be happy to ship your item to you directly.
- ALL money from raffle tickets will go to benefit Share our Strength the children’s hunger relief organization
GIVEAWAY PRIZES: (more TBA)
- Le Creuset Panini Press and Skillet Grill Set in Flame (generously donated by Le Creuset and Coaction PR)
- POM Wonderful Products to three lucky winners (generously donated by Kristen at POM)
- A mini-keg from Superdive bar to be consumed the night of the event! (if you won’t be in attendance and you win, we’ll draw another name) ***TO BE DRAWN ON THE DAY OF THE PARTY so buy your raffle ticket before if you wanna win this (generously donated by the folks at Superdive)
- A $25 gift card to Urban Outfitters (generously donated by an anonymous donor)
- Makeup sets and perfume from top designers such as Tarte and Gwen Stefani (generously donated by an anonymous donor)
- Gift certificate to Cafetasia Restaurant (generously donated by Cafetasia)
- A $50 dollar gift card to Dean & Deluca (generously donated by the Levyn family)
- Sugar Rush care package by Whitney, choose from an assortment of baked items sent to you personally (generously donated by Whitney)
- Nosh & Learn with Ariel & Whitney, private cooking lesson with a meal included (generously donated by Nosh & Tell)
- Cutco Entertainer Pak, includes a cheese knife, ice cream scoop, peeler and pizza cutter (generously donated by Cutco)
- A custom made apron from Fabrications2b (Generously donated by Fab2b)
- More giveaways TBA we’re saving some great ones!
Remember, all you have to do is purchase a raffle ticket in person from Ariel or Whitney, or go to noshandtell.com and use the paypal donation button on the side. Buy as many as you want!
We are ecstatic to be able to host this launch party and give away prizes all to benefit Share Our Strength. This is a cause near and dear to our hearts with over 12.4 MILLION American children facing hunger insecurity. That means they don’t have access to enough food to thrive. This is happening in our own country, not in a far off place, and it’s our job to do something about it. We hope to raise at least $1000 dollars through our launch party campaign and we know we can do it with y’alls help. We love an excuse to party, and come on, who doesn’t like to win free stuff? So buy a few raffle tickets and hopefully we will see you at Superdive to do a “keg stand for a country void of child hunger”.
Also on October 28th we will be participating in the SOS Twitter Chat with the folks at Share Our Strength and many many others in the Twitter world out there. We will be discussing the holidays, our launch party, and tips/tools for bloggers to get the word our about SOS. We would love to have you join via Twitter, more details to come.
Here is our facebook invite
Here is our Paypal link to buy raffle tickets. There is no limit of how many you buy!
Please re-tweet this, facebook status it, email it, anything! We want to raise as much money as possible for SOS and we want to giveaway this awesome stuff we’ve got!!!!!
Whitney and Ariel