HELLO! Sorry all, we had to take a hiatus from the blog for a bit due to our extremely hectic schedules over the past week. No worries, we are back and here to stay–we missed y’all! It’s too bad school has to come first sometimes, ah well, such is life.
Since we were MIA, here’s a quick recap of our past week:
1. We started our second kitchen fire–I say we, but really it was just me…as I was cooking for my sorority rush I decided to jump in the shower to make myself presentable. Got out and of course I see smoke billowing from the oven. I open the oven and my pigs in a blanket are ON FIRE–despair. The piggies got pretty soggy when I had to throw water on them to put out the fire but I managed to salvage some from a previous batch. Oh well.
2. We ate a lot (duh) but more so than normal since our kitchen was churning out food for hundreds of people each night of rush. Yes, you can lightly cater from a dorm kitchen, who knew?!
3. We didn’t exercise (duh) we were “too busy”
4. We went through a disgusting amount of butter…no really, disgusting, like more than 32 sticks. Wanna know what we realized? Butter is fantastic.
5. We cracked open 2 double yolk eggs in a row!
6. Due to a drinking game we lost track of time and left a pan of brownies in the oven for almost 2 hours. Surprisingly our oven decided to cooperate and didn’t catch on fire from our negligence. They were rock hard. People still ate them.
7. We made it all of our classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [At least for the first two weeks because currently as I write this I am skipping a class…yikes]
And that’s all folks. It was a crazy week and we are so glad to be back to the blog! We are nearing our 6 month bloggiversary and it’s a really sappy relationship we’ve got going with this thing we’re planning something EXTRA special. Stay tuned! And now without further ado, Reese’s Cake! Here’s what I’ll say about this cake: frosting yum, Reese’s yum, cake dry. So yeah it’s store bought cake plus a few things to make it better, and yeah I probably over cooked it, but it was dry as a bone. Not that that stopped us from eating it–what forced us to put the forks down was the insane richness of this bad boy. [SIDE NOTE: as I wrote “bad boy” Guy Fieri just said the phrase “bad boy” on Guy’s Big Bite, NO JOKE. True story. I have ESP with Guy, love it.] Yeah so this cake is crazy rich as you can probably tell. The frosting is delicious, not too peanut buttery, not too sweet, just right. But pair the Peanut Butter Buttercream with Reese’s and chocolate cake, it’s enough to send anyone into a food coma. I have a massive sweet tooth, I am for sure going to get diabetes soon due to my sugar intake, but this was even a little too sweet for me. It’s incredible for a few bites and then you’re gonna wanna go horizontal for an hour or so. If you are in major need of some baking therapy, this is your shrink. If you want to get your sugar fill for a week, this is your last supper. If you want a light dessert, say bye bye to the Reese’s cake for another day. If I had to make it all over again I’d go with a homemade chocolate cake, but other than that the recipe was delicious.
Adapted from The Hungry Housewife
1 small box COOK and SERVE Chocolate Pudding mix(not instant)
1 envelope Dream whip
4 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
9 Reece’s Cups, chopped
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar, once sugar has been added, add the milk to make it spreadable. Remove the cooled caked from the fridge. Frost the bottom cake on top. Sprinkle the Reese’s on top(leaving some for decorating the top layer) Place the second cake on top. Frost top and sides of cake. Decorate with the remaining Reese’s
*The frosting seperates easily, so pop the cake in the fride after you frost it, until about 1/2 hour before serving.*