Well it’s just about the end of the first quarter in this year’s Super Bowl. So far, I’m feeling pretty good about things. Don Cheadle is in a commercial, Peyton Manning is looking fine…and I’m eating the most delicious taco dip ever. Isn’t that what the Super Bowl is all about? Finding places to dip your chips?
- One half pound of ground meat (I used 80% lean)
- One packet of taco seasoning
- 1 jar of mild or medium salsa
- 2+ cups of cheese (one cup mozz / one cup Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, thawed corn, half of the cheese, scallions and salt.
- In a large skillet, brown meat until completely cooked. Then pour off some drippings, add the taco seasoning and splash in a little bit of water. Bring meat to simmer for five minutes.
- Add browned meat in the large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into an oven safe bowl, top with cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it cool a little bit (if you have the patience) then DIP THOSE CHIPS!
Enjoy the game. And if you’re having a hard time doing that, just enjoy your food.